Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Finalized Script

Since I've been editing a bit this week, I have to get my voice over ready. As I mentioned a little while back, I'm going to do the voice over myself rather than having Natalie do it. I wrote the script, so I know what I want it to sound like. Also, I can time it with the editing and music. When I record voice overs I never record it from the speaker on the computer because the quality is really low and it doesn't pick up all of the noise detail.   

I previously attached a rough draft of the script. Since then I've made some changes, and added on. I'll go through what I have now, and how I plan on pairing it with the visuals.
 


It keeps happening. 
The voice over will come in while the screen is still black, after the opening credits. It will be overlaid with the heavy breathing and footstep audio. After this, the first visual will appear, and the music will start softly then rise.

They keep popping into my mind. Little memories. 
When "little memories" is said, that is when the first inserts will appear. The information from the voice over, and the mise-en-scene elements (colors and shot perspective) will help to get across the idea that the inserts are memories. 

They’re kind of like fireworks; there’s a spark and all of this stuff is happening, then it’s gone. 
More inserts will occur, and you can start to see the distress in the main character. Maybe if it flows, I'll add a faint sound effect of fireworks popping, to complete the comparison. 

It’s hard to remember what they mean or what’s happening in them. But I don’t think that I want to remember.
The inserts keep getting faster and the main character is getting more and more frustrated. At this point, the editing starts will start to come at a faster pace.
 
Sometimes so many of them come rushing in all at once, there’s so many things happening, it hurts. It’s so overwhelming, I feel like I’m going to explode. 
Now it will be obvious the editing is faster that before, with really quick little shots and maybe some jump cuts, that will be synced with the music. The frequency of the inserts will be at its peak.

There’s only one escape... 
This is when I want to have the close up rotation around the main character, into the shot of her about to scream, but then cuts to black.

...to run. 
There will be no more visuals, just the black screen. As I "run" I want the title to appear. I'm not sure if I want it to fade in, or to abruptly cut in. 



I'll probably record the voice over tonight so I can have it done and ready for whenever I need it in the editing process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment