Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

So this is the last week to work on the project and the stress is starting to set in. I planned on filming the rest of my inserts tonight with Natalie but unfortunately she woke up sick, and unable to film. She said she thought she would be okay to film by tomorrow, but we both have a big history test the next day so we'll have to get together to film and study. But in reality, we won't be able to balance both and one grade will take a major hit.

 I figured that I would still be fine because I would finish filming this week and edit throughout, then complete the creative critical reflection on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. What I forgot to account for was the Relay for Life. It's a big fundraising walk at school run by the American Cancer Society, and teams keeping walking all night and doing fun activities. I'm participating this year;  I was looking forward to it but I didn't even realize that it's the day before the project is due. This means I need to be VERY productive on Friday and Saturday afternoon so I don't have a bunch of stuff left for Sunday. I was hoping to only have a couple small things to do on Sunday so I could just submit it and not be stressed, but we all know that sounds too good to be true.

The computer that I always edit on, my trusty sidekick, has not been so trusty lately. She's (I do in fact personify my computer throughout this paragraph, that was not done on accident) pretty old, maybe six or seven years, and her storage is running out, making the whole thing really slow and she's been freezing a lot. I already uploaded all of the footage to the computer and had everything all ready on iMovie so I can go home after school and edit like crazy, which won't be the case. She does still work but sometimes when I'm in the middle of editing she'll freeze then I have to restart her (usually more than one or two times) making the whole editing process much more time consuming and dreadful. Worse case scenario, I'll kidnap my friend's laptop for the next couple of days (sorry Claire, hope you didn't plan on doing any computer work) because iMovie is already on there. Cross your fingers that my baby (yes I refer to my computer as my baby, she's very important to me) gets her act together and helps me finish this project.

I've been talking to a bunch of people in my class to see how they're doing, and everyone's either done or not close at all. When I hear people talking about how they're already done editing, it makes me really nervous because all I want is to be done editing, but I'm not even finished filming!! I'm going to just hope that the Film Gods are on my side and everything works out (but they usually aren't so I'm bracing myself for a rough week).

No comments:

Post a Comment