Saturday, March 12, 2016

Things Are About To Get Spooky

The more I think about my idea about a father and daughter, the less sure I am of it. It was my first idea and I've been thinking about it more and I don't think that my two minute opening will be the best if I go with that storyline. I'm leaning more towards the murder mystery genre. This still allows me to be able to market towards young adults, but the film can still be appealing to older audiences as well. It also will make the opening easier because within the two minutes I can establish a sense of mystery and tease at the overall problem that is coming.

The opening will include two characters, a brother and sister. They are living alone because their parents died a couple years back so now they have to take care of each other. The brother is going to have a troubled past, with an involvement with drugs. The scene will begin with the brother trying to pay bills and looking very stressed. His sister will ask him how he is, to make sure he isn't going to off the deep end again. The sister goes to sleep and the brother goes outside to take out the trash and a mysterious figure come of nowhere and grabs the brother's throat and says something that will be mysterious because the audience won't know what it means yet. I'm thinking something along the lines of, "We both know this is what's best for her." And then the unknown figure shoots the brother and walks away. I want to get a shot of the killer walking straight towards the camera, out from the darkness and his face becomes illuminated and looks straight into the camera and makes an evil little "haha I just killed someone but I don't even care because I'm the badass villain of this movie" smirk. And this it will immediately cut to the title slide and then end.

Now that I'm more solid in my choice for my narrative I can finally start to write the script and storyboarding! I really like writing scripts, dialogue is sometimes challenging but I find that if I say it out loud it helps me to make it sound more natural. I'm going to start writing the script after this post and maybe in my next post I'll attach a little sneak peak so keep your fingers crossed!



Also, I was imaging that the opening would take place at night, which might result in some issues with lighting so I made a little vlog  outside, where I'm thinking about filming, to see if the street lights will be enough or if I need additional lighting, and if so how much. I'm probably going to need more lighting but I don't know if the flashlight from phones will work, so I'll to get my hands on some lights from a friend. Let's hope that the lighting will work, and also look good, because if not my vision of the scene will have to change slightly.


1 comment:

  1. I love how you do video posts! I think i'm going to do some too because you can really speak your mind and show your personality. Keep doing what your doing because I have no critiques or anything I found wrong with your blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete