Saturday, March 26, 2016

We've Got Some Problems

After reviewing the footage, there are a couple problems that I have to fix for my next day of filming. I had my actress, Natalie, wear a dark dress which wasn't what I originally thought. I didn't find any shirt that I liked enough and Natalie came over wearing the dress and I could envision her wearing it in the opening. But it was kind of annoying because she had to shorts under the dress because running in a dress is kind of difficult. I didn't realize but her shorts are really visible in the long shots of her running. I'm not sure what I want to do; accept that it'll look fine or go back and film those shots again. 

Another problem that I was aware of even while I was filming is when in the car, there were little bumps that ruined the whole shot. For the first shot, I wanted the zoom from a close up to a long shot but I didn't realize how hard it would be to achieve the shot, even using the car. I was awkwardly positioned in my trunk on the car, because falling out of the moving car was not on my schedule, which made this shot more difficult because I was lacking some mobility.  The hardest part of this shot was the beginning, the initial zoom out from the close up. The car had acceleration quickly so it was bit bumpy, ruining my stable shot. Also, the camera was in auto-focus so that also made the shots a little funky looking. Once the car was at a constant acceleration and the camera was focused, the shot actually turned out really nice. I'll have to look at it a bit more to see if I can still use them or I might have to go back and film again. 

I started to introduce the concept a bit in my storyboard: I want to parallel the inserts of memories with reality. I had the idea to get a medium shot from behind Natalie, focusing on her hair. Then juxtaposing her hair before the incident, freshly washed and done nicely, and after, dirty and messy. Last night, I tried to get one of the hair shots. For this, I got out of the car so the shot would be a little more bumpy and break up the stable shots. Though, when I tried to film this shot it was extremely bumpy, so it was hard to make it obvious that the focus was on her hair. I tried to fix this by having Natalie do a weird, fake run so she was kind of just bouncing and moving slow enough I could get the shot but it still looked like she was running. 

I'm filming the running part again one night this week, so it's good I got to look at my mistakes and problems so I can try and avoid them next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment