Thursday, March 31, 2016

At Least One Success!!

I'm very, very excited to say that I received permission to use the music I wanted!! As a mentioned a couple posts back, I was worried because I couldn't find an official website or owner for the song so I didn't know who to contact. I scoured the internet all weekend looking for a way to communicate with the artist, Windmills, so I could ask for permission to use the his song "Measures". I looked for a while but Windmills only has a Facebook and SoundCloud, so I sadly accepted defeat. I came back to school and asked my teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, how I should go about the situation; she recommended that I message the artist on Facebook. I found the page really easily and I was relieved to see that he uses it frequently to communicate with his fans. I wrote up a quickly message, telling him about the project and my intentions for the song. I sent it and crossed my fingers.

I checked back later that night and I was thrilled to see that he responded so quickly. Cory from Windmills was really nice about letting me use the song! When I'm done I'll send him the link so he can see what his music has inspired! (Hopefully he likes it because if not that would be super awkward)

I'm really glad that I can now officially have my song, which makes me feel a little more secure in my production process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment