Friday, March 25, 2016

Musical Inspiration

After storyboarding, I now have a more vivid vision of my film opening. If things go according to plan, I'm going to start filming tonight. I want to do the running shots first, they are the biggest hurdle and most time consuming. When I'm done with that, then I just need to get the little inserts, which don't consider excessive equipment and a certain location. I'm going to film outside around 6:00PM; it'll still dark outside, but not so dark that I need an abundance of artificial lighting. I would have preferred to have my main character running in a more secluded location but in order to get a stable shot I have to film in a car, which limits my filming locations. I've decided to keep things simple and just film on my street.

I've also started to write a rough draft of the voiceover script. I took inspiration from my project last year, but I had to change to majority because the main character is facing a different problem. A way that I found that helped me in writing the script was to listen to the song that I want to use. By doing this, I tried to fully emerge myself in the emotion from the song and then use that to write. The song I want to use is "Measures" by Windmills. The only problem that I'm having is that I can't find who owns it, so I can't ask for permission to use it. I'll have to keep looking and hopefully I figure it out, because the song has already influenced a lot of the opening.

It still needs some tweaking but here's what a have written for the script so far,

It keeps happening. They keep popping into my mind. Little memories. It’s hard to remember what they mean or what’s happening in them. But I don’t think that I want to remember. They scare me. Sometimes so many of them come rushing in all at once, there’s so many things happening, it hurts. It’s so overwhelming, I feel like I’m going to explode. It hurts me to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment