Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Let's Get Started!

It is with great excitement, and a little bit of fear, that I begin the task of creating this project.  I'm working by myself on this project, which is a little intimidating but I've worked individually on other large projects in the past. Last year, I took a film class and had the amazing opportunity to create my own short film. I did face many problems during the course of that project but it was a good thing because those challenges forced me to be creative with my production and work around the issues. Hopefully, I won't encounter too many problems on this new project but I'm up for the challenge.
As of now, my biggest conflict is picking a narrative. I have a couple ideas in mind but I need to pick one that will have the most interesting opening, and can be done within the two minute time limit. Another factor that I have to consider before picking my narrative is actors: if I create a story that requires adults or children, I have to able to find actors of that age.

Of the narratives that I'm considering, they are all within the drama or mystery genre. Before picking a genre I definitely need to do some research so I can properly execute it, which I intend to do throughout the week.

I want my narrative to include a relationship between a father and daughter because I can use my own experiences as inspiration, which will hopefully make the narrative and dialogue more realistic.   Though, I still need to find a way to make the opening interesting so I want to have something big or shocking happening in the first two minutes; maybe an accident or a death. Within the film opening I also think it would be fun juxtapose happy times with sad ones. This will give me the opportunity to play with elements of mise-en-scene such as lighting, colors, and costuming. To further the juxtaposition I'm looking for a song, or songs, that will pair well with each other to convey the different moods. I'm leaning more towards copyrighted music, which means I have to get permission to use it. I've created a playlist with possible songs, including "Fall Harder" by Skylar Spence and "The Less I Know The Better" by Tame Impala.



//
Citations:
"Skylar Spence." RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2016. <http://www.skylarspence.com/>.
Skylar Spence - "Fall Harder"" YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2016.
"Tame Impala." Tame Impala. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2016. <http://www.tameimpala.com/>.
"Tame Impala- The Less I Know The Better." Youtube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2016
"

No comments:

Post a Comment