Saturday, March 19, 2016

Story-building and Storyboarding

Thankfully I did have some time on the plane to get down to business and develop my narrative a bit more. I was set on the overall story but I wasn't sure what I wanted to include in the flashbacks, and what the main character would be struggling with. I did say that I wasn't going to include a love story, which I intend to stand by, but I am going to include a relationship the main character has with a guy. They are by no means in a romantic relationship, but they go out for a nice night out, which will be implied by shots of the main girl getting dressed up and putting on makeup. Through the flashbacks it will be implied that guy abuses her. This will be done through shots of him shushing her or aggressively grabbing her. As she is running, she is trying to work through the emotional toll this event has on her: should she confront the pain of it all, or should she suppress it and keep running away?

For the flashbacks, I'm considering making them all first person point of view, to obviously distinguish which shots are flashbacks. Though that might get repetitive so I might not end up doing that.

I also had time on the plane to storyboard a couple of slides. I wrote down little notes next to the picture so I'll know exactly what I want when I'm filming. I also had to distinguish which images were flashbacks so I wouldn't get confused.
























No comments:

Post a Comment