Friday, March 18, 2016

Now We Can Actually Get Started

Now that I'm definite in my choice of narrative, I can really start planning out how I want to execute it. I do still think that I want to film outside at night. I think that the darker atmosphere will make the whole thing more dramatic. Though, if it's going to be too dark to feasibly film outside at night, then I think that filming in the evening, around dusk, will still give off a similar effect and make filming, especially lighting, easier.

In my short film from last year, when I was filming all of the running shots I, too, was running. This made all of the shots looks really shaky and sloppy. To fix this, filming on a stable mechanism, like a dolly or a car, will create a more fluid and professional look to those shots. I've never attempted to film like this so I wanted to look into ways other low or no budget films achieve this. I found an article about DIY dolly hacks, and I think that since I'm filming outside a car will be the best option.


For the opening shot I'm thinking of starting with an extreme close-up of the girl's eyes, which will be filled with emotion, and then gradually zoom out into a long shot while the girl and camera are both still moving. To achieve this, I'm thinking I'll have to sit in the trunk of a car to get a stable shot. I'm going to get a friend drive slowly so I can get the shot, and hopefully I won't fall out of the moving car.

I'm leaving today, Friday, for the weekend which means I'll have spare time on the plane, where I can start storyboarding and considering my script. I get back on Monday and I plan to start filming on Tuesday or Wednesday night. I lured my friend Natalie into acting for me, she's been in my past project and I trust her abilities. Though, I might do the voice overs myself because it's easier and Natalie's a better actor with her body, not her voice. (That sounds kind of weird but all I mean is that when she acts for me, she usually doesn't talk so she probably won't talk this time either. Nothing against her voice, she has a nice voice!)

I'm crossing my fingers that on the plane I can be productive and creative and get the majority of the storyboard and script done!


//
Citations:
"Get Pro Quality Camera Moves with These Household DIY Dolly Hacks." No Film School. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment