Friday, April 1, 2016

Not This Time, Satan

I'm planning on refilming this weekend, and I want to avoid my past mistakes and achieve my vision. I've been thinking about how I want to execute the memory insert shots. I envision the editing starting off kind of slow but then increasingly getting faster as all of the memories bombard the main character. I want to build the suspense up and stop it abruptly. I had this little vision one night of how I wanted to end the opening: the main character is clearly becoming overwhelmed so she stops running, she runs into a close up, and opens her mouth to scream but before any noise can come out it cuts to black, and the title fades in (still need a title, oh boy!).

As mentioned previously, I want to add a different filter or effect to these shots so it's clear they are memories. In addition to using a cooler color scheme, I thought it would look cool if I made the shots look dreamy and hazy. It's really easy to make this look cheesy so I have to be careful. 

Also for the inserts, I want the voice of the boy to linger in a creepy, echoing way. This will imply that the voice keeps running (ahh see what I did there, because she's running!! Too good, too good) through her mind, haunting her and driving her crazy.

I'm going to work on these ideas before I film and hopefully when I film the parts, everything will come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment