Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Holy Moly

Now that I have completed my beautiful interview with Dr. Lyons, I can now fully construct my narrative and trailer. As mentioned, I want to create two different types of trailers, and the one my mind is latching onto first is the artsy one. I want dialogue, rather than voice-over, to provide context. Considering the characters are priests-in-training (let's call hem PITs because that's funny), their lives are very much so driven by their religion. Therefore, I want the way the speak to reflect that. I'm not going to have the PITs speaking like they are constantly preaching, I still want them to seem like normal young adults. So the content of the dialogue will have infleuence from their bible studies, though the way they deliver it will make them seem normal.

To get inspiration for dialogue, I looked to the best source of information I could think of- The Bible. I found some versuses that I will consider and potential weave into my trailer.

  • Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsaken you. Deuteronomy 31:6
  • He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
  • Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immortality, impurity, evil desires, and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath is coming. Colossians 3:5-6
  • All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all of our righteous cts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. Isaiah 64:6

No comments:

Post a Comment