Thursday, March 23, 2017

One Down, Five (probably four) To Go!

After much stress and way too much complaining, I have found my leader actor! My friend Adrian Macchatio is doing me the honor of portraying my main character, Gabriel (Gabe). Adrian has extensive experience in acting, he has had lead roles in all of our school's theater productions; his most recent role was Woof in the musical Hair.

I wanted Adrian specifically because he has a very unique look: a structured face, long hair, facial hair, and a slim physique. I imagined my main character as a slightly awkward young man who isn't completely comfortable within himself, and I feel confident in Adrian's acting that he can deliver this beautifully. Adrian also has gone through his own journey to finding himself so through this role parts of himself can come out, making the performance more genuine.

I'm so excited to work with Adrian! I also just now realized I've never worked with a legitimate actor before, I usual make my friends act for me. Acting is a crucial element to any film, even the trailers, because they bring everything to life, and I can't wait to see what Adrian does with this role.

In terms of my other actors, I am contacting a few other people. In my English class, we recently read a play (The Importance of Being Ernest to be exact) in class and two of my classmates' performances were spot on so I'm going to see if they are interested. So stay tuned to see if I can yet again bully my friends into acting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment