Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Let's pray this works out


Last year my major problem was that I was having problems thinking of an idea. This year I have an idea in my head, and who knows if I'll actually go through with it but hey let's give it a shot am I right? Inspiration hit me in room 321 during my AICE Classical Studies class. The teacher, Dr. Lyons, is by far the most interesting person I will ever meet. I met him four years ago in Latin 1 and have had the privilege of getting to learn about the Latin language, ancient civilizations, and life in general from him.

Before moving to New York to get his masters at the University of Buffalo, Dr. Lyons grew up in Ireland. When he finished high school, he chose to join the Franciscan Order to become a priest. In the past four years he has told us some crazy, sad, and heartbreaking stories about his time in the order.

I want to take inspiration from his stories to create a realistic film about the lives of young men in the priesthood. One of my main concerns is that I don't want the film to be offensive or disrespect the Catholic Church in anyway. To ensure that I am courteous, I'm going to do research on other films, books, and other forms of media that involve religion. I also plan on interviewing Dr. Lyons so I can a deeper understanding of his life in the order.

Let the researching begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment