Thursday, March 30, 2017

I Did Some Things

The planning process for filming is going really well! Since I'm doing the trailers, I didn't have to write a full script, which was almost harder. I didn't get to through a fluid process; I had to think in fragments. I thought up balance of important scenes and little shots to be in the trailers, and wrote out the dialogue for those. For sound in the artsy trailer, I want it to be one song (possibly classical/score/instrumental) and dialogue; therefore, the dialogue in these few scenes is crucial. I ended up writing more than I will probably need but hey it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it haha am I right?!

Here is the whole script! But to you give a lil' taste before clicking that link, here's my favorite line (which was actually inspired by one of the Bible verses I quoted in one of my previous posts.) :


GABE
I feel like a leaf, a dead leaf. I’m disconnected and all shriveled up. I'm scared I’m going to get swept away in the wind.


Quickly while I'm on the topic of sound, I plan to record all of my characters saying the Our Father prayer. For the artsy trailer, I want it to open with a black screen and only the the prayer being said out loud, in unison. The Our Father is too long to use the whole thing but the idea is to have the audio in pieces the coincide with the varying shots. I realize that I didn't explain that well so let me try again:

  • BLACK SCREEN, "Our Father,"
  • CU pan of stain glass in church *only music*
  • MS from back of boys sitting in the pews "who art heaven"
  • CU of bibles *only music*
  • LS tilt up to priest at alter with cross in the background (symmetry), "hallowed be thy name"

No comments:

Post a Comment