Saturday, April 1, 2017

Frosted Flakey

Diego looking fresh and clean
I had everything planned with Adrian to film after school on Friday, but unfortunately he was called in to help with a drama club production. I understand he's very committed to his extracurriculars but he told me that the next time he is available is this Sunday evening. I won't lie, I freaked out for a hot second (which was more like a hot hour) until I got my act together and compromised; as much as I want Adrian to play Gabe, the main character, his schedule isn't very flexible so I'm going to move him to Chris, Gabe's closest friend. I'm recruiting my friend's younger brother, Diego Estrada, to play Gabe. Diego, like Adrian, is very involved in our school's theater program. He will be playing the lead in this year's production of Fame. Now that I have him as Gabe, I feel like he is even better for the role! I'm very excited but I also have to work fast. Fame is opening next weekend, so Diego has rehearsals after school  every day until 5pm, so I am going to try and film the majority this weekend. Also, having Diego as Gabe and Adrian as Chris is convenient because they will be both staying after school this week so they will be together if I need to get a quick shot or two.



Jason (left)
In addition to Diego, I also got my friends, Jason Liu and Francisco (Fran) Acosta, to act as well. I failed to find other actors from drama club so Jason and Fran kindly volunteered. Jason has no acting experience but he has helped me film other production so he knows how I work. When I asked Jason to act he eagerly said yes and, "this will help me complete my destiny of being the next Ronald Reagan." Fran has acted for me last year in a small piece for class. He isn't in front of a camera often, as he spends most of his time with our school's math club, History and Science Bowl teams, and keeping his status as salutatorian.  Though, Fran is a good friend, who is always willing to help and I am extremely grateful.
Fran (right) and our friend Kassidy (left)
enjoying some yummy crepes



I am casting Jason as Sam, the make-shift antagonist, who is the main reason for Gabe's exclusion. There is an important scene where Sam is questioning Gabe's relationship with Chris, and I feel that Jason has the power and passion to execute the scene well. Fran is going to be portraying Michael, a supporting character that doesn't have any huge scenes, but adds to the group dynamic.

Today, I am going to try and shoot the dinner table scene, with the argument between Sam and Gabe. I want this scene to act as the climax in the trailers, so it is really important that I give the scene enough time to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment