Sunday, April 9, 2017

What Would This Be Without Problems?

Wonky shadows, mysterious blue hues, uncomfortably framed
After my first two days of filming and looking over the footage that I got, as always, I need to refilm. For the scene between Gabe and his mother, I filmed at night so all of the natural lighting was gone; I had to use lamps, one normal and one blue bulb, but it looked too artificial. I can film in the same location, my brother's room,  but I think it'll look better with natural light coming through the blinds. I also think the shot will be better if I use a CU, rather than a MS, so that the desperation and controlling nature of his mom is more obvious.



The scene I spent most of my time filming was the dramatic dinner scene. When I was imaging the scene and storyboarding, I had the table filled with 5-6 priests. Though due to scheduling, I couldn't round up enough actors for this scene. I thought that if I used tighter shots, it wouldn't be obvious, but even so it looks awkward and lame. Therefore, I am going to get some more male friends to help me out. When I film this scene again, it should go a little quicker because I already have an idea of what shots I want. Another issue I had with this scene was that the light fixture in my dining room was too low, so it was partially in a couple of the shots. The whole setup of my dining room ended up being more difficult to maneuver than I thought, so I am planning on using my neighbors dinner table. Her house is a bit more modern, but I could easily manipulate it to fix my miss-en-scene. The lighting in her house is more ideal because it had whiter and cooler hues rather than my house that has yellow hues. 

The scenes that I filmed with Diego came out good! I successfully captured shots of him in his room, reflectively writing in his journal and also a couple of him sitting under a tree as he reconsiders his life's purpose. 

This coming week is spring break (whoop whoop!!) so all of my actors are available (whoop whoop!!!!) I get back from New York on Monday night, so I plan on filming all day Tuesday and finishing up on Wednesday. Tuesday, I am taking the gang down to my church where we can get some shots. My friends mom is a teacher at the school connected to my church and she said we could use her classroom if we need to. Then I'll edit all day Thursday and finish up my website and poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment