Saturday, April 8, 2017

Posters

Naturally, I can't just think about what I'm doing at the moment, I need to think about what's next; I'm in the filming process but I can't help but start planning my website and poster. I won't lie, I'm not the biggest fan of making websites because I feel like the ones I make are always ugly and unorganized. I have made movie posters before, using simple templates but I want this one to be clean, crisp, and professional. In the past, I have just used a still from the piece but after looking up film posters, most include a separate photo. I definitely want to use the conventions for my poster, so I plan on doing
something similar.





















I found a simple website that could help me construct my own poster. From many drama film posters that I have seen, usually the main character is the subject of the poster. I envision either a CU of Gabriel looking into camera, or a MS of his body, from the neck down. With the latter, it would be a little more interesting because it isn't revealing the face of the main character, therefore leaving some part unknown. Classic GenZ will be so intrigued with the person and why their face isn't shown that they might go out and find the film. 



I want to use the conventions but I want my poster to be original enough to get attention; the Moonlight poster is an excellent example. It used the basic conventions of a film trailer, but the image itself was to well-thought out, simple, to the point, and not to mentioned eye-catching. 10/10 to their market team because people are still talking about the poster. Even though my Photoshop skills are a solid mediocre, I want to try and attempt to make a poster that is new and enticing. This will help to aid in my branding; The Order will use traditional conventions of drama but it also
 is new and innovative in the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment