Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Home Stretch

Ah here we are, hours away from the due date. Yet again, I'm working up until the last minute but I low key like the pressure and the thrill of it. I also wanted to take all of the time possible to perfect everything. I uploaded one of my trailers, and the other is exporting as we speak. I even had time to make cute little thumbnails for each! I finished my poster yesterday after much distress; I don't have Photoshop so designing the poster slightly more difficult. But don't you worry I handled it! I crafted half of it on Canva and finished the rest of it on Word. I finished my website this morning; my one major issue is that my trademark font for the title wasn't available on Wix, so I had to improvise. I just used the closest font to the original. It isn't quite the same, but it will have to do. I also created a logo for the production company of the film, Oakmont Productions. This gave the trailers a much more professional feel.


I chose to add cinema bars to my more conventional trailer, as trailers for major motion pictures have them. I chose not to include them in my unconventional trailer so more attention could be paid to the visuals. On the note of editing, I almost chose to change the font of the textual graphics in my conventional trailer. The font I used for them is the same as the font for the title. I considering changing it because it might be considered too hard to read; though, I kept it for branding purposes.

All that is left is my CCR. I wrote my script and some notes a couple days ago. I recorded my voice-overs that will pair with screen casts, which are the only thing I have left to do. Well, that's pretty much it, it's all coming to a close. (Sheds tear)

No comments:

Post a Comment